For children from 4 months to 4 years
Children at this stage have their first experience of separation from their families and of meeting other children. We welcome them with respect for their individuality and pace of development, providing a space of creativity and conducive to discovery, experimentation, exchange and games.
Your child will develop their capacities and self-confidence. The educational team creates a climate and an environment that promotes pleasure, the joy of discovery, for children to express themselves freely without being judged. Individual and collective activities alternate harmoniously.
The nursery welcomes children between the ages of 4 months and 4 years for the day. If demand is sufficient, a morning-only class is provided for those from 2 to 4-years.
For children aged up to 4 years, the class group is determined by their age on July 31st. For children of primary school age, the level is determined, in agreement with the Management, according to the future choice of place of schooling (France or Switzerland).
Le Jardin des Particules prepares children for both the Swiss and French school system taking into account the requirements of each. Children are placed in age groups corresponding to those of their future Swiss or French reception class. This means that for children who will be schooled in Switzerland, the age group is determined by their age on July 31st. For those who will be schooled in France, the age on December 31st determines the age group.
Le Jardin des Particules is open to children of CERN staff members and, subject to availability, to children whose parents do not work at CERN. The order of priority for registrations is :
- Children of CERN staff members (MP) or of Le Jardin des Particules staff; single parent families having priority
- Children with a parent working on the CERN site
- Children with a parent working in another international organization
If you would like to know if a place is available, please complete the pre-registration form.
If places are available in the relevant age group, children may, on an exceptional basis, be enrolled for a short period. Parents interested in a short-term registration should contact the principal and the educators at least one week in advance in order to check the availability of places.
Short-term registration fees are not subject to refund. Any absence must be communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrangements for reception and attendance
The crèche is open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6.15 p.m.
Parents must pick up their child by 6:00 p.m. at the latest and must have left the premises by 6:15 p.m. at the latest.
Different attendance options are available:
1. Full day:
- 2 full days from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays or on Thursdays and Fridays
- 3 full days from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays or on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- 5 full days* from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
2. Mornings only (for children from 2 to 4 years subject to a minimum of registrations):
- 2 mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays or on Thursdays and Fridays
- 3 mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays or on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays,
- 5 mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
* If Wednesday classes are full, registrations for two 2-day/week attendances, i.e. 4 days in total, may exceptionally be permitted.
Arrival and departure times for babies should be discussed with the educational team.
Parents must ensure that daily attendance does not exceed ten hours.
The crèche welcomes children from September to June inclusive. If there is sufficient demand, a summer crèche may be offered in July.