Children at this stage have their first experience of separation from their families and of meeting other children. We welcome them with respect for their individuality and pace of development, providing a space of creativity and conducive to discovery, experimentation, exchange and games.
Your child will develop their capacities and self-confidence. The educational team creates a climate and an environment that promotes pleasure, the joy of discovery, for children to express themselves freely without being judged. Individual and collective activities alternate harmoniously.
Le Jardin des Particules is open to children of CERN staff members and, subject to availability, to children whose parents do not work at CERN. The order of priority for registrations is :
- Children of CERN staff members (MP) or of Le Jardin des Particules staff; single parent families having priority
- Children with a parent working on the CERN site
- Children with a parent working in another international organization
If you would like to know if a place is available, please contact us.
If places are available in the relevant age group, children may, on an exceptional basis, be enrolled for a short period. Parents interested in a short-term registration should contact the principal and the educators at least one week in advance in order to check the availability of places.
Short-term registration fees are not subject to refund. Any absence must be communicated to email@example.com.
Arrangements for reception and attendance
The crèche is open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Parents must pick up their child and must have left the premises by 6:00 p.m. at the latest.
Different attendance options are available:
1. Full day:
- 2 full days from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays or on Thursdays and Fridays
- 3 full days from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays or on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- 5 full days* from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
2. Mornings only (for children from 2 to 4 years subject to a minimum of registrations):
- 2 mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays or on Thursdays and Fridays
- 3 mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays or on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays,
- 5 mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
* If Wednesday classes are full, registrations for two 2-day/week attendances, i.e. 4 days in total, may exceptionally be permitted.
Arrival and departure times for babies should be discussed with the educational team.
Parents must ensure that daily attendance does not exceed ten hours.
The crèche welcomes children from September to June inclusive. If there is sufficient demand, a summer crèche may be offered in July.
The nursery welcomes children from September to June inclusive. An optional summer service is offered continuously in July (subject to a minimum number of registrations).
Host groups are organized as follows:
- group of babies (The "Coquelicots"), trotters (the "Myosotis") (from 4 months to 18 months)
- group of 18 months to 48 months:
- subgroup 18 months to 30 months (the "Trèfles")
- subgroup 30 months to 48 months (the "Cosmos")
- group 24 months to 48 months MORNING (subject to a minimum of registrations)
Meals are included in the registration fee and are non-refundable (except for the Morning group).
A reduction of CHF 100 / month is granted for children with allergies (on doctor's certificate).
Parents wishing to babysit their child in the afternoon can pick it up either before or after the meal, or after the nap in agreement with the educator.
Departures for the midday meal must be announced at the latest in the morning to the child's educator and to the secretariat before 9:00 am. Children will not be able to return to the structure after a meal or an early departure except for medical appointments.
Exception made for the sub-group of 3-4 years for which a return after the meal is possible.
In order to assure the day-to-day functioning of the nursery, parents are required to respect the schedules and not to arrive late to pick up their child.
Le Jardin des Particules management committee reserves the right to apply sanctions in the event of non-compliance with these times.